Day 16 until Day 19 (Week 3 Teaching in Classroom)


Week 3 (Teaching in Classroom)

Monday, February 5th 2018 until Wednesday, February 7th 2018

I  taught in M 1/2 and M 1/1. I taught about fraction.



Teaching Practice.

Procedures of Teaching.
First I gave greetings. Then, I prepared students to follow the learning process, preparing students' neatness, seating, stationery and math package books.
I gave apperception: reminding about integers, natural numbers and whole numbers that have been previously studied and fractions that have been studied in elementary school. After that, I submitted the competence to be achieved. Next, I explained an outline of the range of materials and activities to be undertaken. I motivated students by showing images associated with the introduction of fractions. After that, I divided the students into groups with  4 - 5 students in each group. Then, I gave worksheet to the students and explained the work rules.
Before students discussed in their groups, I explained the material with macromedia flash. I brought students to real problem. From real problem the students got the conclusion how to compare the values ​​of the two  simple fractions.

Time Management and Organizing Activities

I had 50 minutes. 15 minutes for greetings and explaining the materials, 25 minutes for students doing activities, and 10 minutes for closing such as asking the students to make conclusion, doing the task to the front of the class. For those who wanted to come to the front of the class explained what they had done in the worksheet, I gave rewards. I gave questions about fraction.



Problem Solving

The students were given worksheet. In the worksheet, the students had to do the tasks such as knowing the parts of the fraction, understanding fraction, comparing the values ​​of the two  simple fractions.

For P2/4 and P 2/2 I taught about English with topic farm.
I asked students to listen to the music which connects to the  topic. Then, I asked them a question ‘what is the music about?’. After that I wrote on the whiteboard all the opinions from students. Then, I gave worksheet and I asked students to come to the front of the class to read. On this material the students were more active.


Thursday, February 8th 2018

I was nervous because the supervisor came to watch my teaching.  I was teaching at about 10.00 a.m. in the class M 2/2. The topic was Pythagoras.
Before 10.00 a.m. I prepared all what I needed, like projector (I showed macromedia flash about materials), arranged tables, etc.

Teaching Practice

Procedures of Teaching

I gave greetings, I prepared students to follow the learning process; preparing students' neatness, seating, stationery and  math  package books. And then, I gave  apperception: Reminding about two dimensional figures which are triangle and square. 

I motivated  students to learn pythagoras. One of which is in designing or building a house. I conveyed  the objective to the students.
"At this meeting you will prove the Pythagoras Theorem and use Pythagoras's theorem in solving the problem (calculating the length of the side of one right triangle if it is known to the other two"
I divided the students into groups with each group member of 4 - 5 students. After that, I gave worksheet and instructional media to the students.

Time Management and  Organizing Activities

I had 50 minutes.
Because I used discovery learning as a model learning so the students’ activities consist of stimulation, problem  statement, data collection, data processing, verification, and generalization.


Problem Solving

The students could to find the pythagoras formula with team-work.

Classroom Management

I walked around class to see what did the students do and I helped them.

After taught, I got advices from my supervisors. They told to me that I could management class was perfect. 









Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Day 4 until Day 8 (Week 1 Class Observation)

Day 23 until Day 29 (Week-4 Reflection and Lesson Learned)