Day 23 until Day 29 (Week-4 Reflection and Lesson Learned)

Week-4



Monday, February 12th 2018 until Wednesday, February 14th 2018

This week was my last week in Thailand.
My friends, my students and I prepared performances for open house program at Boonkumratbumroong School on Thursday.
I was going to dance with my friends and my students. My students  trained me. (haha)
The other day, on Wedesday, I got flower from my students. I was really happy. (thank you so much for my students)



Thursday, February 15th 2018

Today, there was an event at Boonkumratbumroong School. The name of event was Open House. I really liked this event because so many students showed their creativities. The students were creative.
My friends and I prepared to dance.

After dancing, I changed my clothes. I wore a traditional clothe from West Sumatera. So many people asked me to take picture together. I was really happy.




Friday, February 16th 2018

Today was my last day at Boonkumratbumroong School. I was really sad because I will always really miss this school. Thank you so much for teachers, students, and all people have ever met me.

At about 12.10 a.m., my friends and I moved to VRU’s dorm.  Mr. Thanawoot, a teacher of Boonkumratbumroong School picked up me and my friends to go to VRU’s dorm.
At about 3 p.m. I went to Farewell Party. This event was closing for Students of  Sea-Teacher Program Batch 5. There were agendas such as dancing, singing, awarding certificates, etc. Thank you so much for everyone.

Saturday, February 17th 2018

I went to Ayutthaya (again haha).

Sunday, February 18th 2018

At about 4 a.m., I left for DMK Airport.
I was really sad. Actually, I still wanted to stay there longer but I must finish my study first. I hope I can come back there again. See you next time all. Thank you so much for very valuable useful experiences and for everything. I really miss you exactly.


Summary and Suggestions

Purposes of Practicum

The purposes of practicum are to develop my teaching skill  and paedagogy, practice my English skill, gain a broader regional and world view.
Based on my lesson plans such as :
The students are able to compare the values of two simple fractions.
The students are able to solve real problems related to the value of two simple fractions.
The students are able to prove the pythagoras theorem by using medium of triangle and square area.The students are able to Calculate the length of one side of a right triangle if it is known for the other two sides.

Procedures of Practicum

Preliminary like gave greetings, prepared the students to study, gave aperception related materials,  gave motivates, divided the students into groups, gave worksheet and instructional media.
Core activities : 
Stimulation :  Students read carefully the work steps on the worksheet and the media that provides the steps to prove pythagoras theorem. (Observing)
Problem Statement : Students understand the problem to be solved on the worksheet prove the pythagoras theorem  and use the theorem to solve the problem (calculate the length of the side of one of the right triangles if known to the other two sides). Students ask things that have not been understood. (Asking)
Data Collection : Students discuss in their group  activities proving pythagoras theorem with the steps given in the worksheet. (Trying). Teacher guides students to complete the worksheet and helps those who still  have difficulties.
Data Processing : After conducting the experiment, the learner is required to conclude the experimental results and declare the long-sided relation on the right-angle triangle a, b, and c. This relationship is called the Pythagorean Theorem. Each group is directed to write down the relationship. (Processing). Teacher gives students the opportunity to ask things that are still not understood.
Verification : Students present the results of the discussion  in front of the class about the proof of pythagoras theorem and the long-sided relation on the right-angle triangle a, b, and c.Other groups are asked to pay attention and respond to the group presenting in front of the class. (communicating)
Generalization :  Students are asked to conclude the results of their proof of the pythagoras theorem. The three sides of the right triangle have relation, and this relationship is called the Pythagoras Theorem. Pythagoras Theorem: " In a right angled triangle : the square of the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides. Students are given two questions on the paper. Teacher asks students to do it.
Closing Activity : Teacher concludes the lesson with the students by asking and answering questions. Teacher gives a quiz. Teacher gives students  homework and asks them to read the next material at home. Teachers reflects on the learning process. Teacher ends the class with greetings.

Outcomes of Practicum.

Make students understood about materials.

The Challenges of Practicum

The challenges of Practicum was I taught students from Elementery School and I taught about English. and the other that, I must make the students for secondary understand what I spoke and materials. Because the students didn't understand about English. So, I got advices from my mentors when I spoke must slowly and in  my media translated to Thai language. But, I was really happy to teach them.

Overall Impression

I really impressed with all students because they wanted to know about topic, tried to speak with English.

Suggestions for Future Improvement

I suggest for all students need English Program like there is additional leaning. 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Day 4 until Day 8 (Week 1 Class Observation)

Day 16 until Day 19 (Week 3 Teaching in Classroom)