Day 3


Tuesday, January 23rd 2018

The third day in Thailand.

Today, the first time I was going to observe. I was really excited.
When I arrived at the school, the teachers gave me warming welcome.  The students are very polite. They greeted me “Sa wad dee kah”.  
I was confused when I saw the students held a flag ceremony on that day. Evidently, Monday until Friday they hold the flag ceremony.

After holding the flag ceremony, a teacher  asked us to introduce ourselves. When I introduced myself using English, the students didnt  what I was talking about so their teacher translated to Thai language.
After that I was introduced to a woman and I had the same room with her. At 09.10 a.m. I went to a classroom. The classroom was at the third floor. I would  observe  class M 1/1 (Junior High School Class 7). I observed  English class, because I was given three English teachers as mentors.

When, I observed, I got so much new knowledge at the school.
Teacher mentioned the students score because she had already given them an exam. Who got a good score, teacher gave a reward. And who got lower score, teacher gave such a punishment. I like what the teacher had done because it could make students more diligent to do their tasks.

Based on Observation I got about School : General Information and Academic Administration

School Profile

The name of school the school is Boonkumratbumroong School. The address is at Moo 1 Klong one Amphoe Khlng Luang Panthumthani Thailand. The school consists of kindergarten, elementary school, and secondary school. The school has facilities and infrastructures such as six buildings (one two-story building, two three-story buildings, one four-story building, one five-story building) including science room, English math room, astronomy room, ASEAN room, Thai dance room, Thai music room, green house room (the function is to make something for environment), computer laboratory, library, three meeting rooms, canteen, director room, general administration room, toilets, field, wi-fi area.  

Academic Support System
There are projectors, TV, sound system

Teaching System
Components in the learning system are goal, topic, method, learning sources, and evaluation. The goal is students understand  the content such as present continuous. Methods are explaining, answering questions, learning sources are book and worksheet. Evaluation is giving exercises.


Materials and Other Learning Sources.
The material is present continuous. Learning sources are book and worksheet.

Measurement and Evaluation System
The students were given worksheets and exercises.

Curriculum
The curriculum is CORE 2551

After I observed, I had a nice conversation with the students. At about 11.40 a.m. I had lunch.

The school finished at about 3.30 p.m.
My friends and I got back to our dormitory.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Day 16 until Day 19 (Week 3 Teaching in Classroom)

Day 23 until Day 29 (Week-4 Reflection and Lesson Learned)

Day 1